Sunday, July 25, 2010

Journal Entry Number Fifteen















This image tells me he is in rage. His country is attacked and pretty much taken over by the US. He has some rage. It is connotative, considering you'd have to know the history of the US and mideastern clashes. Denotative would be someone just screaming in rage or doing something physical to something.














There is a certain order that CSS code has to be written with, order in the use of rules, selectors, declarations, properties, and attributes. It has to be connotative. Something that might be denotative is something like an image of a Navajo word and the equal sign with the English definition.














I think the image of the gavel is a denotative sign of justice. I think someone behind bars would fit denotative too.














I see this image as evil. I think it can be seen as denotative but connotative if it was in some other cultures. It could be seen as some representation such as Lucifer. It could also just mean a snake man.














This was the word, death, that came to mind when I thought of peace. I say it is connotative. Denotative would be people happy wearing peace symbols, floral clothing, waving peace signs.














For God I thought of clouds and come celestial lights beaming from them, hahahah. I think connotative. If there was a prophet that was known to be able to speak to God somewhere in the picture it could be denotative.














This came to mind as history, I thought of how things were recorded throughout time on earth and how we research what happened before our own history/time on earth. It is connotative. I think a book would be denotative, whether is had the word history on it or maybe some other aspect of history, such as a culture, era, country.














I seen this image for pain. I imagined loss of family and the mourning that follows. I think it could be denotative but it would mostly be seen as sad or depression. So for me it is connotative.














This image is a group of Scientist with J. Robert Oppenheimer, lead scientist of the Manhattan Project. I think it is connotative and I think that all scientist are smart.

No comments: