Sunday, July 25, 2010

Journal Entry Number Seventeen





















This design is sleek and made with soft colors that invite the reader. The simple use of the eco looking light green teamed with the light grey as the logo is inviting. I think the repetitive use of the grey as the copy color is a smooth contrast between the green and the white. The image of a collage of food keeps the reader engaged and wanting more because of it deliciously colorful composition. Once again the color scheme is monochromatic. I think this ad is good for business.




















This ad uses three common colors, or lack of color for white. But the inks used in this color process creates black and red. The entire black background creates a mythology and lack of certainty. I think it reacts with the newspaper clippings in the type the the title, THE WIRE, and creates a common concept of whether these stories are true or false, or an act of conspiracy. The Title catches my attention but the hierarchy of info immediately sends me to the tagline in red under the title. And the rhythmic light to red sequence guides me through the rest of the ad. I guess it is monochromatic since the red would either go to white or black. Good ad.

No comments: